The conference is now full. Thank You!
Violence Indicators/Predictors Emergency Response
"Sex Crimes Against Children"
- Recognize manners and methods used to exploit children
- Discuss safety precautions that can be employed to safeguard children
Dr. David Shapiro
- Explain parameters of a risk assessment
- Apply strategies for intervention in high risk situations
- Describe what not to do in potentially violent situations
"Individual and Family Victimization"
- Discuss how people become victimized using cold case homicides
- Explain how to avoid becoming a victim through state of mind
Dr. Rob Cipriano
"Suicidal Active Shooter"
- Become familiar with the Tactical Operation Command Center (TOCC), Negotiation Operation Center (NOC), Fluid Communication between tactical personnel and negotiators
- Learn to use of 2 sets of primary and secondary negotiators, intelligence gathering negotiators,
- Discuss the suicide continuum and spectrum of behavior
- Learn the use of Active Listening skills in particular, primary level empathy and use of open-ended questions
- Explain Violence Risk and Threat Assessment Responsiveness for Public Safety Personnel
- 08:30 a.m. - 09:00 a.m. – Registration
- 09:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. – Alexis Carpenteri, Sex Crimes Against Children
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. – Break
- 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. – David Shapiro, Risk Assessment
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. – Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. - 02:30 p.m. – Joe Matthew, Individual and Family Victimization
- 02:30 p.m. - 02:45 p.m. – Break
- 02:45 p.m. - 03:45 p.m. – Rob Cipriano, Suicidal Active Shooter
- 03:45 p.m. - 05:00 p.m. – Panel Discussion: Dangerousness Assessment and Prevention. Panel includes Alexis Carpinteri, Joe Matthews, David Shapiro, Robert Cipriano, and Joe Finley (moderator).